Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

I've received lots of little notes here and there checking in this week--and my response has been much the same to all: I'm enjoying the calm before the storm!

Tomorrow morning I have to report for the port-a-cath surgery at SIX IN THE MORNING.  Yuck.  I do not like getting up that early!  As a result, my Mom is going to spend the night tonight so O's schedule is undisturbed--he will go to daycare as usual, and then come home to a well-rested Mommy who isn't allowed to pick him up (boo!)

Before all the madness begins in earnest, we were fortunate to have Melissa Hathaway, official photographer of the M Family (and, I'd like to say: family friend), come over this morning and take some pictures of me and Owen together, just the two of us.  She did Mother & Child sittings to benefit the Japan Earthquake Victims last month and when I contacted her to see if we could get in for one and I explained why she wouldn't even let me pay!  She has taken photos for us of O at 6 weeks, 6 months and a year.  You can see her work here: http://www.melissahathaway.com/blog/category/portland-baby-photographers/ and you can see her work at the top of this page--the photo of me with the short 'do was taken during this session...And if you're local, I'd definitely encourage you to call her for your own photos!

That's about it from here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment