Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Thursday the first was my second treatment with A/C.  I must admit, with the Taxol I didn't look forward to chemo, but I also didn't dread it.  It was something to get under my belt and be done with!  The A/C, on the other hand, is a bit harder to go in for.  It's like you just start to feel normal, and you have to go back in...knowing that it's going to take the wind out of you...

But in I went.  I got to see Dr. Chui, who checked out the tumor and says he thinks it's right around one single centimeter now.  Since I started at over three centimeters, I'm pretty happy with the progress.  While there, we talked about my side effects and now I have more stuff to help with that--a "magic mouthwash" to help with the sores in my mouth and Prilosec for the heartburn (which Dr. Chui thinks may be contributing to the cough as well)...the mouthwash is weird...it does not taste great and has a weird viscosity, but it numbs things up nicely so that's good.

Friday I worked, and then popped back to OHSU for my Neulasta shot.  Mmmm, nothing like a nice dose of E.Coli to get the bone marrow working overtime!  Loves it.

Thursday G's mom arrived to visit for the long weekend.  She, along with my parents, babysat O on Friday and then we all had dinner at Nostrana.  Delicious.

This morning we got up early for breakfast at Slappy Cakes, then it was off to the Big Slide, and the grocery store.  Naps for O and I followed...mine was not as long, but I laid around longer for sure.  And now I'm typing this blog to let you know that I'm hanging in there!  In fact, I think getting up and being active in the morning might have helped a bit.  We'll see how tomorrow goes...and the day after that......

OH!  And I should send a special shout out to co-worker NV who took a trial from my caseload this week.  Technically, he issued it before I took over his caseload, but he nonetheless delayed his paternity leave by a few days to help a sister out so: THANKS NV, and congrats on the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment