Wednesday, July 27, 2011

True Confessions

This purpose of this post is partially to shame me into exercise.

The last two mornings, though my alarm clock has gone off early, I have not gotten up to do my exercise. 

In the beginning of this adventure, I was doing a good 45-minutes of cardio each day.  That has morphed into less and less time, and instead of a walk or the elliptical machines it's become weight work and yoga.  Now, my heart still pumps when I do that, and actually I think keeping my muscle tone up is important (especially since I have a surgery in my future) so the change of the type of exercise isn't as troubling to me.

I need to get to bed earlier so I can get up and exercise!  If this pattern continues, I am going to have to request peer pressure.  Right now, though, I'm just telling on myself to see if that is enough of a motivator!

In other news, Dina came for a visit on Friday night--it was a quick trip but so great to get to see her...and be seen...I think she thought I'd be in worse shape than I actually am, so I hope her mind is a bit more at ease!  The only bummer was on Saturday I had...well, a more "common" side effect of the chemo that had me out of commission for a few hours.  She and G went and grabbed lunch while O and I napped so it all worked out in the end, but wouldn't you know the weekend I have a visitor I got a little bit sicker!?!  Murphy's Law, or something...

I also started taking a supplement to try to ease the neuropathy.  It was suggested to me by the blogger at www.butdoctorihatepink.com and Dr. Chui said it cannot hurt and it might help so I should give it a try.  I really need it in powder form, which I ordered and am expecting to receive today, but in the meantime I'm taking some capsules.  We will see how it goes.

The latest fear:





Yesterday I went to Nordstrom to get special makeup / brushes to better fill in my thinning eyebrows....




...the lady at the Anastasia counter there (http://anastasia.net/) could not have been nicer helping me pick out the right colors, brushes, and she spent a few minutes showing me how to give myself eyebrows.  Still, I have some concerns that I'm not going to be as good at it as she is....




Tomorrow I will work in the morning, and then head out for the ELEVENTH round of Taxol fun!  It's exciting to be so close to the end of one stage of the race.  I hear that right now I'm on the flat level of the course, and the A/C stage has a lot of hills......here's hoping I've gathered enough speed going into them that I will make it up the inclines without stopping.  (That's a little analogy for you Tour de France fans...)

No comments:

Post a Comment