Friday, July 22, 2011

What do you say?

On Wednesday at work, my co-workers and I were laughing because they didn't know what to say to me about my chemo day off.  "Have fun"?  "Have a good day"? 

I realized that there are few things you can say to send a person off to chemo, but I came up with at least one that I think is about as good a wish you can give someone: "Hope they only have to poke you once!"  I'm lucky because I have a port, but even with that I've had one nurse have to try twice...but it's the people without ports who really deserve that wish the most.  I don't know how they do it! 

So the 10th (of 12) round of Taxol is done and I'm still plugging along with all of the same complaints as before and no new ones.  Guess I can't ask for much more than that, can I?

And a little dose of perspective this week: one of my second cousins once removed lost her husband this week.  J was a very active outdoors-man who owned a scuba diving shop in the Eugene area.  About 5 years or so ago he was scuba-diving in the rivers down there when an ex-con who was not altogether with it believed he was a nutria in the water and shot him in the head.  J recovered from that incident, but was not able to fully re-engage in many of the activities he loved so much.  Then earlier this year, a motorcycling accident resulted in a severely shattered ankle and foot.  Apparently, this resulted in a lot of depression and yesterday he took his own life.  So what do you say to S and her three beautiful kids?  There really are no words except we love you all and this totally sucks. 

If any of that branch of our family tree is reading this (and I doubt that you are right now...) please know that we are thinking of you all!!!!  Many hugs and thoughts are heading your direction.

That's about it from here today.  Looking forward to a dear friend's visit this weekend, and O is looking forward to another slumber party at Granny and Grampa's, this time in his Thomas the Tank Engine Tent!


Enjoy your weekend and Enjoy Life, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment