Friday, July 1, 2011

Taxol: More than Halfway Through!

Yesterday was my seventh session of Taxol which means I'm officially looking downhill at this drug!  Yay!  And still, while I have minor side effects and, of course, the much discussed hair loss, I have yet to throw up or experience tremendous pain, etc., so I consider myself pretty lucky in that regard.

Yesterday I also got to meet with Dr. Chui.  MY TUMOR IS NOW HALF THE SIZE IT WAS WHEN THIS STARTED!!  This is great news for two reasons: first, and most obviously, it means that the Taxol is working to combat my existing tumor.  Second, it means that if I in fact have any little micro-cancer-cells floating around my body looking to attach elsewhere the Taxol should be working on them as well.  Metastasis is a such a scary, unknown thing.  I doubt I will ever feel completely free of the worry that the cancer could "come back" or "spread" but because the Taxol is doing such a bang-up job I will worry less...

Today I am settling into my new office and assignment here at work.  I'll be working with our child abuse team handling felony physical and sexual abuse of an inter-familial nature.  In addition to the criminal cases I've always prosecuted, now I will also work with our juvenile department on dependency cases.   LOTS to learn but I have great co-workers here who are ready to get me up to speed (even if I'm working at a slower speed than normal...)

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  Special shout out to Grace and her family, who will be celebrating her Independence from Leukemia this weekend!  What a milestone.  Many happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment