Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hanging In

As I start this short work week (yay!) I am so happy to report that I still have not had the "worst" of the side effects of chemo...but I am starting to have other side effects.

Last night, while giving O his bath, I got my first bloody nose.  It wasn't particularly bad nor did it last a long time, but it was upsetting because it's a side effect.

I am starting to notice that my fingers and toes are having the numbness / tingling that were promised.

I have some general aches and pains though nothing debilitating, and I am tired.  What is bizarre, though, is despite the fact that I'm tired, I'm not SLEEPING all that well.  On the weekends I'll lay down when O naps and I may snooze for 10-15 minutes but that's usually all I can do.  At night I find my sleep is more disturbed of late.  I do think that's the result of being congested (still fighting that cold) but it is frustrating.  I do take 0.5 mg of Lorazepam every night to help, and I'm still exercising which I would expect would also help (and probably does) but I can't remember the last truly solid night's sleep I got...

But enough complaining!  We had a fun weekend around town.  On Saturday my sister, O and I drove out to cousin Dylan's baseball game in Scappoose (and we drove by the old house).  On Sunday O and I worked in the yard (we have some strawberries and he loves to pick them!).  Yesterday we went for a long walk around the neighborhood (those hills are TOUGH with a toddler in a stroller, I say again) and we got the deck ready for a summer of outdoor dining. 

G & I enjoyed the many fireworks shows around the city from the view off of our master deck.  I tried shooting some video but the streetlights interfere with the picture and just doesn't do it justice. 

This time next year I'll be celebrating my own special independence and I am anxiously awaiting that milestone!  Until then, I just keep on hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment