Monday, July 11, 2011

JUICED

With each passing week of treatment the side effects make themselves a bit more noticeable but I'm still doing okay.  My nail beds are really bugging me today with some tenderness, but otherwise things are basically the same.

So today I have decided to complain, for just a few minutes, about steroids.

I take steroids the night before my treatments and then right before treatment as one way to counteract the chemo side effects.  Which is good.

What is bad, however, is that the steroids are the reason Dr. Chui believes I am in a constant state of break out.  I am broken out everywhere: scalp, face, neck, chest, back...I feel like I'm junior high school again. 

I think it's totally unfair that I have to be bald AND have zits on my  head. 

There's not much that I can do about it, either, because it's my body's way of detoxing the chemicals.  I try to use a combination of skin care techniques but nothing really works to make them stop appearing or go away quickly...

So, when you see me next time just know I KNOW about the situation, and am just doing my  best to pretend it's totally natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment