Thursday, November 10, 2011

Saddest 3 Words Ever

"Mommy all better?"

Yep, O asks that every day.  It makes me feel awful.  He does come up to see me as I hang out upstairs in our bedroom.  He will even occasionally sit next to me for a period of time and watch a movie or play on the iPad, so we are getting some quality time.

But I hate not getting to pick him up.

So, I'll tell you what I tell O: Not yet, but I'm getting better!

Yesterday I went to my parents' house with them and my Aunt B and Uncle M came over for a nice visit.  It was good to see them.  All I did was lay on the couch the whole time we were there, but I was definitely more tired and sore as a result of my big adventure.

In fact, I slept a lot more today.  I also tried to go a stretch without prescription painkillers.  Not quite there yet, but the time between doses is longer and longer, so I guess that's some progress.  I'm actually pretty amazed at how sore I still am, almost 2 weeks later.  It's not pleasant.  I had originally hoped to return to work Monday the 14th but I've already determined that's unlikely....I do think I can make it in next week though!  We shall see.

I promise: I'm not pushing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment