Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Back to the Grind, part 2

Monday the 21st I returned to work.  It was a pretty uneventful day--two court hearings and some time at my desk.  If anything, the driving made me the most sore.

Since it's a slow week, I was able to take Tuesday off which was nice.  It gave me a chance to recharge.  I slept A LOT, so I guess Monday did take more out of me than I thought at the time.

I'm back today, Wednesday, and will work most of the day today with just one court hearing this afternoon.  Then a quick trip to the grocery store.

For Thanksgiving, we are having my sis and bro-in-law over to the house.  We've ordered our dinner from a local restaurant and pies from a local bakery to be picked up in the morning.  No cooking for this girl!  (Full disclosure: we usually order or Thanksgiving dinner from a local store or deli, because we work on Friday...so if Thanksgiving is truly going to be relaxing, why cook?  I'd rather watch football!)

And I'll head back to work Friday, while G & O stay home and party.

All in all, a good week to return to work.  My co-workers did a fantastic job staying on top of my caseload for me so there have been no major fires for me to put out since I've been back.  How will I ever repay them, seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment