Saturday, August 6, 2011

DONE (with one....)

Thursday was my last day of Taxol!  To celebrate, I brought the nurses in oncology chocolates from   Verdun Chocolates in the Pearl.  Unfortunately, it was super crazy on Thursday, so I'm not sure any of the nurses really got to relax and enjoy the treats, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

Normally I would have posted this on Friday, but it was a crazy day at work.  After work, I joined my family at a fundraiser for Yolanda House, a YWCA Battered Women's shelter.  Yolanda's uncle is a long-time family friend, and she was murdered in the 90s.  Her family worked hard in the years after her death to  open the shelter and my family has done things to support it in the years since.  Last night was their first auction and I'm happy to report that they raised a lot of money for the shelter!  It also meant a late night for me last night so I am very tired today.

Nonetheless, I do have a feeling of satisfaction knowing that I've hit one milestone on this cancer journey...the next step begins August 18th and who knows what is in store then but for now I'm just going to be glad to be DONE WITH ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment