Friday, March 16, 2012

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!

1
one more treatment to go, today at 4:10!!!!



Yesterday we removed the bolus, so I made it longer than the doctor predicted, but not all the way to the end...

I will actually miss my treatment team, but I will not miss the reality of the treatment. Undoubtedly there will be an adjustment period as I transition from ACTIVELY treating cancer to just taking some pills.  I feel sorry for the people around me who will have to listen to my crazy, paranoid ramblings as every twinge will for quite a while be me thinking it's the cancer coming back I'm sure!

Here is a photo of the most severely burned area this morning:

Yuck!!!
They say it will continue to get worse next week, and then I'll start feeling better.  Woo-hoo!!!!

To honor the occasion, my friend CC sent me these custom-made earrings.  I am wearing them today...

Thanks, CC!
And, I've sent an Edible Arrangement to my treatment team which I hope will arrive before I do so they know how grateful I am to them for their kindness.  There's lots of time during the set up to chat so I am a little misty that today will be the last time I see them...until my next check up with Dr. Marquez!

No comments:

Post a Comment