Wednesday, February 22, 2012

35% Complete

Yesterday was my tenth of twenty-eight radiation treatments.

Not much new to report.

The area being radiated is sore--but it's more like I've overdone it in a workout kind of sore as opposed to burned skin or sharp pains.  So, I'm trying to stretch the area a lot.

The other "side effect" that is already noticeable (though not awful) is that my esophagus is starting to feel tender.  It feels like heartburn, sort of.  It's not a big deal, except when I try to swallow my pills--one in particular is a horse pill and it's getting tough to swallow.  I met with Dr. Marquez yesterday who says to chug some Maalox and that could help, so off to the store for Maalox I went!

G may come to a radiation session one of these days.  If he does, I'll have him take some video of the machine in action...

No real fatigue yet, although I confess I did take a little power nap yesterday after the treatment which I don't normally do so maybe it's catching up to me?  We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment