Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tomorrow's The BIG DAY

In a few short hours I will head to the nuclear medicine department at OHSU to have a dye injected into my lymph nodes for tomorrow's sentinel node biopsy.

We'll have a quiet night at home tonight.  I have to shower tonight, and again tomorrow (apparently they want me really, really clean!) and, of course, NO food or drink after midnight tonight.

I will check in for my surgery at 8:30 in the morning, so I wouldn't expect to be all done by mid to late afternoon tomorrow.  Realistically, my next post here won't be for at least a couple of days but I would say No News is Good News and just check back after Halloween to see what I've been up to!

To those of you who have sent notes my way over these last few days, thanks.  As you can imagine, I've been busy at work (having played a little pre-surgical hooky in Chicago) getting my caseload ready for my co-workers to cover while I'm away, so I haven't had a chance to respond to each note personally.  That does not mean your notes go unread or unappreciated, though!

SO: until the next post, thanks for your positive energy, prayers, and thoughts that you may choose to send my way tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment