Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Long Overdue Update

The only problem with blogging is when you don't do it for a while, people start to worry.

There is nothing to be worried about, though--things here are fine!  I have just been tired and there really hasn't been much to report.

As you know, the 29th was my last day of chemo and I am very happy to be done with all of that!  The cumulative effects of the A/C and the leftover effects of Taxol have definitely taken their toll.  I'm very, very tired.  I go to work to cover my own appearances and then go home to nap until the next one.  As you know, I had a fingernail removed last week and that has taken some getting used to.  The nail bed is very tender and a bit tight as well.  The finger doesn't bend as well, but that's probably just a matter of keeping it soft with lotions.  Every day it hurts a little less, though, so that is good.  According to the doctor it will take about 6 months before it grows back.  I'm done with the antibiotics and am happy to report that the feared side effects were prevented, but my stomach was quite upset the whole week and it's tough to know whether that was from the chemo, the antibiotics, the probiotics or some combination...

This past week G and his brother went on a trip which meant O & I getting spoiled at our house by my parents.  It's been nice again, even if my Mom's gotten a bit crazy with her home re-org....

The long and short of it, though: every day is a bit better and I am anxious to get my strength up and get my surgery DONE.  Next week I will have my pre-op mammogram, ultrasound, and meeting with my surgeon Dr. Naik.

Until then, I don't know that there will be much to report.  We're just having a nice relaxing weekend for now and we'll see what this week has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment