Friday, December 9, 2011

Aloha!

I did NOT post any pictures of Hawaiian sunsets while we were away--and now we are back home.

However, we had a wonderful time.  Last Friday my sis, O & I flew over to Maui and met up with my parents.  Even though he's two-and-a-half, I have to say, O did great on the flight.  Special thanks to APPLE for inventing the iPad!

We had a wonderful, relaxing week in Ka'anapali.  The weather was great, we had a few meals out, two with old friends, a whale-watching cruise (saw LOTS of whales!)...all in all a great week.

I am especially grateful to my parents for all they did with O on this trip, making it even more relaxing.  I got to lay by the pool and read and read and talk to my sis.

Today, all 5 of us flew back and O did great again.  Right now, G is reading him his bedtime story.  We both missed G, and I could even sense little bouts of homesickness in O on this trip.  

Here's the obligatory family photo for your enjoyment:



I am also grateful to G who had a Christmas tree set up for us when we got home.  He would go without, but I'm a sap for Christmas decorations, and O was very excited to see it too.  This weekend we will deck the halls (within reason...) and I will (hopefully) get my cards ordered....

Finally, I'm grateful again for my wonderful co-workers, who took care of lots of business for me while I was away.  The chocolate-covered macadamia nuts are en route!

No comments:

Post a Comment